Alpha II FAQ
1. How do I get started?
- Decide on which browser you will use: Firefox, Brave, or Chrome.
- In that browser, open this page.
- Clickthrough to the appropriate page. (Click on Chrome for Chrome or Brave.)
- Install the extension
- Review the video at the How To Build a Bridge link
- Check out the Dashboard to see what the most recent bridges are.
2. What is an advanced bookmarking tool?
An advanced web bookmarking tool enables one to not only save information, but also record how it is connected, and to share it with others.
For independent researchers and writers, it's a way to organize your online research into a map of ideas and connected by relationships, so you can easily retrieve content and context and easily share content with context with your colleagues.
For research teams, collaborate effortlessly across boundaries and borders on online knowledge maps that create shared context for collaboration and communication.
For Massive Online Research Collaborations, collaborate without coordination with hundreds to hundreds of thousands of aligned researchers.
The bridges built and maps made generate warm data for a universal knowledge map that will be foundational for scaling collaboration and collective intelligence.
3. When will Bridgit launch?
We aim to launch the Bridgit ecosystem with a web app and browser extensions in late September 2020. If you have any questions or want to reach out in the meantime, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What makes Bridgit different?
Bridgit is building a Map for the Internet. We turn researchers into innovators by making the entire web into a collaborative research experience. Our advanced bookmarking system enables researchers to map their research and interact on any web page using smart tags.
By connecting online ideas and people, we aim to provide effortless retrieval and collaboration, faster time to insight and innovation, and accelerated learning.
5. When do I make a bridge?
Make a bridge when you have found two online ideas (represented by content snippets) that are related. E.g., an image that contradicts a paragraph.
6. How do I build a bridge?
- Select some text or hover over an image and choose Begin Bridge.
- Close the popup.
- Go to another page, select some text or hover over an image and choose Bridge-It!
- Now fill in the form and you've made your first Bridge.